Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lent

So Lent begins! I did a pretty good job fasting yesterday 2/25, until dinner. The church says we can have 1 big meal or 2 small meals, so I had nothing all day... until I got home. I made some ranch dip for John, and of course had a few chips myself. Then I made a shrimp fettuccine Alfredo (no meat of course) for dinner. Unfortunately, I ate till I felt fairly full, which is not the point of the one meal. Man... I think I really have this Catholic guilt thing down pat. The other thing to feel guilty about is that I didn't make it to church for Ash Wednesday service. No excuses, the day just didn't go as planned. The thing I want to stress is that I did keep the Lord and the season on my mind throughout the day.

Now for that question everyone asks: what are you giving up for lent? As always, I will be giving up popcorn for lent. I know this sounds lame, but many people do not know of my addiction... one I admit openly. These days I question if I even like popcorn anymore, but every now and then I can't sleep without having some popcorn. I can't go to the movies without eating it, and I try not to keep it in the house, because I can't seem to stay away from it. I feel like a smoker sometimes. I try to eat popcorn when no one is looking. I wait for John to go to bed, or I eat during the day if I am home by myself. Sometimes I think I should just give it up completely, but one step at a time, right?

So now we begin the 40 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment