Friday, June 26, 2009

Packing

So Packing is not as easy as it sounds. When John and I first started talking about moving, he told me that my job over the next few months was to pack up the house... and I said, "that is absolutely no problem." Well... the problem is that there is just so much to pack and I'm not sure what I will need and what is okay to pack. I guess I can start with most of the kitchen. Sounds weird, right? The good news is that we never unpacked most of our kitchen wedding presents, so we will be taking those and giving away the old stuff. Goodwill or the Disabled American Vets will be getting a large donation soon. Some more good news? One of my former student's parents owns a liquor store and they gave me lots and lots of boxes! Yea!

A Question. What do you do with the containers in your home that hold things like flour, corn meal, etc.? Especially if they aren't going straight to your new home. What about appliances? What do you leave out and what do you pack? I guess since I packed all of my baking stuff, I can pack my kitchen aid. Right? Spices?

I'm sure things will all work out. Thank goodness for friends who are coming over to help us with the house this weekend. Let the painting, and packing, and cleaning begin.

1 comment:

  1. I would keep the flour etc. out and try to use it, and then give it away before you move. Probably get buggy if you don't, and for appliances...I would say that (depending on how long you have before you move) you should just keep the basics...the things you use every day and just plan meals that only require the basics. Moving sucks, hope that it goes okay!

    ReplyDelete