Monday, October 19, 2009

Life takes over

So I guess its been awhile... but a lot has happened! My last post was just 2 (ish) weeks before I moved to Houston. Since then I have started my job, John has moved to Houston with me (just about a month after my departure from Colorado), and we have begun the process of selling the house.

A month apart from John was really difficult. I was far more stressed and sad than I can put into words, but the apart time was necessary. During that month I spent time with my parents and the rest of the family, as well as got used to my teaching schedule, so I was lucky to have distractions. But I wouldn't recommend that process to ANYONE! If you have the choice, don't separate, at least that's my advice. John and I spent hours on the phone together every night, and we spent time on a web cam at least once a week, but neither is a replacement for sitting on the couch together and cuddling. Thank goodness he is home with me now. I think the time apart truly strengthened our relationship.

Can you believe that just about a month after we put the house on the market we got an offer and things started to move. I have to say that I don't like the house selling/buying process, but it is nice that our closing is just around the corner. After we agreed on the selling price, and we haggled over the inspection, all we have left is the appraisal, so things are going smoothly! I think that the woman buying our house must have just fallen in love because she has taken everything we have asked for without much complaint. Of course, she is getting a great house with a lot of special amenities! I think the kitchen and the bathrooms must have been BIG selling points. With all of the housing market horror stories you hear about, I think we are probably very lucky to be selling as quickly as we are! Closing is scheduled for Nov. 13th, so cross your fingers for us!

Hopefully you will hear from me again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment