Friday, July 31, 2009

Tick! Tock! Tick! Tock!

Lately I have been joking about hearing that internal clock that most women have that gets louder as baby time approaches. I say "joking" because I am usually just teasing John about it whenever I mention it. But lately John says my clock is so loud he can hear it across the room. In fact, I am beginning to think that what I was originally joking about is not actually a joke anymore. Just the other day we were watching t.v. together, and a peanut butter commercial came on where a little girl makes her dad a sandwich because he is making her a tree house. I said I thought it was a really cute, touching commercial and John said I must be ticking because it was actually pretty lame. Then tonight I was watching "The Father of the Bride II" and couldn't stop crying as the two women in the movie go into labor and Steve Martin's character is worried about both and then they both have healthy babies... I am telling you, tears where streaming down my face. I was really boo hooing!

That is what made me realize that this "we need to have kids in a couple of years thing" is not really a joke anymore. I think John has been way ahead of me on this process, but it is still a bit of a suprise to me. I wish someone made internal ear muffs to drown out that noise. Isn't it funny how even when we are busy planning out our lives, God has a way of telling us exactly what it is time for. I believe that even when we are busy turning a deaf ear to everyone's plans but our own, God has a way of getting in there and saying, "hey, you! It's time" Funny huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment